Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Dolly Parton loves to cook

31 May 2011

Rate this article

Dolly Parton loves cooking up ''old Southern soul food'' from recipes she learnt from her grandma and aunts.

Dolly Parton loves cooking chicken and dumplings.

The 65-year-old singer - who has been married to husband Carl Dean for 45 years - loves being at her home in Nashville, Tennessee, where she can be a "housewife" and cook up feasts.

She said: "I'm like a housewife. I grew up doing the cooking, as mum was always pregnant.

I learnt from my grandma and aunts, so most of my cooking is old Southern soul food. I'm not a gourmet cook - it's not pretty, but it tastes good. Everyone loves my chicken and dumplings.

"I learnt from my grandma and aunts, so most of my cooking is old Southern soul food. I'm not a gourmet cook - it's not pretty, but it tastes good. Everyone loves my chicken and dumplings."

Despite her long marriage to Carl, Dolly believes the key to their success is simply they get along so well and never fight.

She told Hello! magazine: "We hardly see each other so we don't have time to fight! We're good friends. We're different but we get along good. We are like any other couple at home; I do the cooking, he takes out the trash. He's always painting or fixing something up around the house."

Buy Dolly Parton Music
  • Zoom Karaoke CD+G - Legends Volume 15 - 25 Female Country Tracks [Card Wallet]

    �10.99

  • Letter to Heaven: Songs of Faith & Inspiration

    �25.99

  • Dolly: Box Set

    �37.99

  • Live  From  London (NTSC)

    �17.99

Buy Dolly Parton DVDs
  • Dolly Parton - Live And Well [DVD]

    �19.99

Source: http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/celebrity/Dolly+Parton-39417.html

Poppy Montgomery Sophia Bush Denise Richards Chandra West Connie Nielsen

No comments:

Post a Comment