Thursday, June 30, 2011

Stephen Colbert Scores Super PAC

He?s always up to something, and earlier today (June 30) Stephen Colbert met with the Federal Election Commission for a very special request.

Joined by his attorney Trevor Potter, the ?Colbert Report? host asked permission to set up a political action committee (PAC) called the Colbert Super PAC, and it got approved.

After the hearing, Colbert told fans and press, ?It has been said that freedom isn?t free. Today, we have placed a sizable down payment. Today, we put liberty on layaway.?

?I don?t know about you, but I do not accept limits on my free speech. I don?t know about you, but I do not accept the status quo. But I do accept Visa, Mastercard and American Express. Fifty dollars or less please, because then I don?t have to keep a record of who gave it to me. Also please remember that your gift is not tax deductable for you. It is tax exempt for me. Now please form an orderly mob. My unpaid staff and I are ready to shake my little money maker.?

Source: http://celebrity-gossip.net/stephen-colbert/stephen-colbert-scores-super-pac-519656

Britney Spears Emilie de Ravin April Scott Poppy Montgomery Sophia Bush

No comments:

Post a Comment