Monday, March 28, 2011

Charlie Sheen not winning when it comes to ticket sales for his show

Charlie Sheen, pictured on Good Morning America, will be taking his show on the road.

via ABC News

Charlie Sheen, pictured on Good Morning America, will be taking his show on the road.

Charlie Sheen may be winning, but local ticket brokers are taking a bath on him.

More than 2,800 seats for Sheen's upcoming shows at Radio City Music Hall were available on StubHub.com Monday, and sellers were listing prices below face-value on Craigslist.com.

"I'm worried. I need him to do something else stupid so I can unload all these tickets," Chris Catalano, a broker with Direct Entertainment in Englewood, N.J., told the Daily News.

Catalano bought 85 ducats for Sheen's midtown shows on April 8 and 10. He's sold fewer than 10.
"We bought them on a whim, and I guarantee we're going to take a loss," he said.

"If he isn't filled up with drugs, he won't be funny. People who buy tickets now, they're going to see a car crash."

Allen Wright, a telecom worker and amateur broker in West Palm Beach, Fla., spent $1,500 on tickets to Sheen's shows in New York, Detroit, Chicago and Boston.

He's sold one -- for less than face value.

"Nobody wants to go," Wright, 49, told The News.

"Basically, if I opened the newspaper tomorrow and saw that he was dead, my first reaction wouldn't be 'Darn, I really liked his movies.' It would be 'Sweet! I get my money back from Ticketmaster.'"

One problem, sellers said, is that Sheen hasn't spent a dime marketing his top-secret "Violent Torpedo of Truth" tour beyond a website and his Twitter account.

"I'm trying to cut my losses and only lose $50 instead of $250," said Midtown resident David, 37, a healthcare worker who declined to give his last name after listing two tickets at a discount on Craigslist.

"I'm not a real Charlie Sheen fan. I bought them out of curiosity, and now the novelty has worn off," he said. "If I can't sell them, maybe I'll go. But I'd rather just get some of my money back."

Cat Power Teri Hatcher Brittany Snow Ivanka Trump Mischa Barton

No comments:

Post a Comment